DIOPMA – Center for Design and Optimization of Processes and Materials
The Center for Design and Optimization of Processes and Materials (DIOPMA) is a scientific research centre of the University of Barcelona that was created at the Department of Materials Science and Physical Chemistry. Formed by a group of doctors, graduates, and engineers, DIOPMA was granted the status of consolidated research group by the Generalitat de Catalunya (2014 SGR 1543), and the TECNIO accreditation—also by the Generalitat de Catalunya through ACCIÓ—and is a member of the Reference Network in Advanced Materials for Energy (XaRMAE) of the same Generalitat, the Network of Fuel Batteries and Advanced Batteries CSIC-University, and the Spanish Network of Thermal Storage. Several members of the Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (IN2UB) and the Spanish Society of Ceramics and Glass belong to DIOPMA.
- Caracterització (microestructural) de materials: metàl·lics (coure, aliatges lleuger), ceràmics estructurals i funcionals, i materials plàstics i compostos
- Microstructural Characterization of materials: metallic materials (copper, light alloys), structural and functional ceramics, and plastic and composite materials.
- Characterization of mechanical properties up to the nanometric level.
- Development of flame retardant formulations in thermoplastic matrices.
- Experience in materials for thermal and acoustic insulation in the construction and automotive sectors.
- Materials for the storage of thermal energy.
- Materials for 3D printing.
- Revaluation of by-products, inertization of waste material, and recyclability of materials.
- Materials durability tests.