- Advice on reducing the environmental impact of waste
- Valuation, inertisation, and stabilisation of waste and by- products
- Recovery and removal of products such as heavy metals from cleaning waters, acids, surfactants, etc.
- Anaerobic digestion of solid and liquid waste with heavy organic loads
- Treatment and purification of waste; separation processes
- Reuse of waste water and sludge
- Minimisation of toxic effluents
- Recycling of metals
- Classification and treatment of waste.
- Stabilisation of slag obtained from the incineration of solid urban waste for reuse
- Feasibility and pilot plant studies
- Development of cellulases for improving recycled fibres
- Biomolecules. Development of enzymes for recycling paper and saving energy
- Optimization of recycled paper products
- Environmental electrochemistry: decontamination and recovery
- Design and optimization of by-product recycling processes
- Material recyclability studies
- Recycling and reuse of solid urban waste
- Stabilisation of incineration slag. Biomethanation
- Contamination and risk assessment studies
- Detection, classification and measurement of pollutants in water and the atmosphere
- Toxicology and environmental health
- Determination and study of organic micropollutants in solid waste
- Establishment, improvement and validation of new analysis methods for determining total pollutant content.
- Risk assessment based on a radionuclide soil pollution incident
- Establishment of pollutant concentration levels
- Establishment of analytical methodologies for determining organic pollutants in environmental and food samples
- Use of stable and radiogenic isotopes to classify the source and evolution of pollutants in aqueous systems
ATMOSPHERE AND CLIMATE
- Meso- and microscale processes in the atmosphere
- Rainfall and meteorology radar
- Meteorological risks
- Agrometeorology and Hydrometeorology
- Parametisation of superficial processes
- Prediction of UVB solar radiation
- Meteorological networks
- Numeric mesoscale prediction: application of high resolution models in Catalonia
- Climatology and modelling of UV spectral solar irradiance
- Modelling the atmospheric boundary layer
- Data assimilation in numerical weather prediction models
- Meteorological and air quality modelling
- Numerical simulation of atmospheric pollution using 3D Eulerian models.
- Classification, dynamics and effects of pollutants on soils
- Phytomeasurement of polluted soils and sediments
- Classification of prediction models for subsoil properties
- Geochemical, and mineralogical isotope studies, and of mineral deposits
- Classification of subsoil for waste storage
INDUSTRIAL CONSTRUCTION AND PROCESSES
- Research into new materials
- Coatings; corrosion studies and protection of structures
- Non-destructive soil studies; buried infrastructure detection
- Studies of mechanical resistance in components.
- Revaluation of industrial by-products for use in construction materials.
- Corrosion, protection and reformulation according to current environmental regulations.
- Environmental impact of civil works.
- Cements and concretes
- Research on new non-pollutant materials.
- Stabilisation of heavy metals in industrial land
SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND LEGAL ASPECTS
- Applications of current environmental regulations
- Technical advice and consultancy
- Advice on preparing conditions specifications
- Environmental taxation of energy
- Economic organisation and management. Multicriteria analysis and optimization.
- Economic analysis of public policies.
- Economic instruments of environmental policy.