- Design, simulation and development of new sensors and actuators based on microelectronic technology.
- Development of autonomous sensors for energy sources
- Superconductor design
- Determination of design parameters for treatment plants
- Optimization of processes for the application of cleaner technologies
- Thick layer, spin coating and drop coating technologies
- Development of hot wire chemical vapour deposition technology (HWCVD).
- Active Filters based on mesoporous materials and zeolites
- Nitrification and denitrification processes
- Production of hydrogen as an alternative fuel. Classification of catalysts
- Use of CO2 as a source of carbon
- New generation biofuels. Biogas, biodiesel and bioethanol.
- Revaluation of glycerine obtained in biodiesel manufacture
- The hydrogen vector. Extraction from biomass.
Solar, thermal and photovoltaic
- Solar energy use. Solar system calculation
- Optical confinement techniques for photovoltaic devices.
- Fine layer silicon panel and heterojunction solar cell technology.
- Classification of photovoltaic panels.
- Organic solar cell technology
- Polycrystalline semiconductors and new organic materials for large photovoltaic cells.
- Geothermal energy use
- Studies of natural resources, sites, applications and sustainability.
- Subsoil classification and prediction models.
- High resolution magnetotelluric studies. Implication in geothermal resources.
- Structure resulting from the deformation of sedimentary basins and their importance in the assessment of geological resources.
Wind and water
- Energy studies for hydraulic and wind energy
- Methodologies for the use of hydraulic and aeolic energy