IndicationLiver diseases (injury, fibrosis, cirrhosis and cancer)
Carvajal S et al. Int J Mol Sci. 2019; Ribera J et al Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2017
Human derived hepatocellular carcinoma cell line (HepG2)
- Molecular biology assays in response to treatments with drugs, gene therapy or functional nanoparticles.
- Cell reprogramming (knock-in and knock-out).
- Cell migration assays.
- Cell proliferation and viability assays.
- Cell adhesion assays.
- Cell culture in hypoxic conditions.
- Oxidative stress analysis.
- Induction of Fatty acid accumulation and measurements by gas chromatography and mass spectrometry.
Principal investigatorsWladimiro Jiménez, Pedro Melgar-Lesmes.
Well-established cell lines representative for every hepatic cell subpopulation for the study of signaling pathways affected by different treatments and to assess toxicity and effectivity of novel biomaterials or nanotherapeutics.