IndicationMalignant neoplasms of respiratory and intrathoracic organs
Mol Cancer Res. 2015 Jan;13 (1):161-73
Biomechanical models of lung cancer and fibrosis. 2D and 3D hydrogels with fibroblasts culture systems.
- Mechanistic studies.
- Cell stiffness.
- Novel mechanoregulatory pathways.
- Cell-to-cell, cell-to-matrix interactions.
- Predictive data in normal and pathologic situation.
- Mechanisms of drug action.
- Potential targets identification.
- Therapeutic effects validation.
- Drug combinations and reproval from preexisting treatments.
- Drug resistance mechanisms. Personalized treatment.
This model allows the modulation of matrix rigidi- ty and other culture conditions to reproduce the desired pathologic stage or condition, obtaining physiologically relevant information.