AreaInflammation & Pain
IndicationPain, not elsewhere classified.
Pain. 2018 Jan; 159(1): 92–105);
Mol Pain. 2011; 7: 30
Behavioral animal models of pain and itch by applying painful or pruritic substances in the ocular surface and other measurements.
- Evaluation of nociceptive pain in chronic diseases as chronic inflammation, chronic nerve injury, dry skin, psoriasis, allergic conjunctivitis, dry eye or allergic dermatitis.
- Mechanical sensitivity: Von Frey filaments.
- Thermal Sensitivity: Radiant heat, hot/cold plate, cold plantar assay, thermal place preference.
- Chemical sensitivity: Flinching test.
- Peripheral inflammation CFA.
- Formaline test.
- Cuff model of nerve injury (sciatic nerve). Itch
- Cheek test (distinguishes pain and itch).